burglar alarm

Page 2 of 2

Well, that means it's not a recent one. I used to get 10 years, and the battery was still useful afterwards for another 5 years for running lamps, etc. No more, I'm afraid...
Good luck with its replacement...
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 13:15:28 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

No. Most likely the alarm panel has died. I suggest that you read the OP more carefully and the rest of the thread before firing off the first thing that comes into your head, which is wrong and has already been discounted.

Yes, that's where I got mine.
Just read this thread but afew things seem odd. Is it an ADE optima 6 or a copy Optimax 6 ? Reset for mk2 panels is power up & press reset 3 times within 5 secs not just power up. Optimax code is1234 not 0123. As for radio don't bother unless you use scantronics,honeywell or guardtec .all have 3yr lithium batteries and rolling code. We only use Yuassa batteries as they WILL last at least 5yrs but the cheaper brands can pack up after 3 or 4 yrs On a positive note if you are in uk and want a used (but fully operational) Scantronics 9448 6 zone panel 'gratis' let me know but you will have to spring for postage. CJ
"argle" wrote in message
We have an alarm system fitted before we bought the place about 20 years ago. After a recent power cut the larm will not cut off and will not answer to the reset codes or even the engineers code. Looks like a little over a hundred quid to get it fixed but I can get a wireless Yale alarm for that. Anyone have any thoughts on the Yale system as sold in Wilkinsons for around 100?
Or here for the same price (Amazon.com product link shortened)25599641&sr=8-5