Built-in oven grill element replacement?

This morning when I turned on the grill in my Hygena built-in oven it went bang! You can see a section of the grill element has melted away. So the question is, can this element be replaced? If so is it something I can do myself or do I need an electrician? I don't mind trying anything if I have some idea of what to do! TIA GTS

I've just ordered an oven element from these people
http://www.elerep.co.uk/ - nearly half the price quoted by the manufacturers outlet
You dont sound confident, but if you "go for it" at least isolate the electrics!!!

went
manufacturers
Ta for the link - maybe I'm stingy but 35 still seems a lot for an element! Also found this guide on http://www.ehow.com/ - seems straightforward enough!
1. Turn off the power to the oven at the breaker box.
2. Take out the screws holding the element bracket in place. These will be on the back wall of the oven, or sometimes on the top.
3. Pull the element toward you a little bit until you see the wires behind it.
4. Unscrew the leads and take the bad element out.
5. Hold the new element up while you attach the wires to it. Don't stretch the wires any more than you have to.
6. Line up the element while tucking the wires back in. Be sure not to pinch the wires between the bracket and the back wall.
7. Fasten the brackets, making sure they're tight.
8. Restore power to the appliance.
I'm paying 27 including carriage for an oven element, the manufacturer's spares shop wanted to charge 48. A local electrical wholesaler stocks a limited range around the 10 mark, but not my model :(
35 for a double grill element would sound about right for my oven.
I suppose it's a case of supply and demand and you need to shop around to get the best deal!
Good luck, hope you find one for a tenner ;-)

Sometimes the element is held in by a nut that screws onto a threaded part of the element - so you 'may' have to take the oven out and remove the nut from the back. It all depends on the manufacturer.
Peter
Was shocked to find DABS.com do cooker parts! Got one for 17.99 from them nearly half the price! http://www.dabsspares.com/searchwizard.aspx?c 92