builders rate

Hi all
I wonder if someone can advise the ballpark day rate for a builder these days. Someone quotes me £150 per day in the Oxfordshire. Is this within norm?
Regards
pl
Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–
EricP wrote:

Absolutely no help here but a friend in Bristol has two ladies digging his veg patch. They are charging £2 per hour for both of them!
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard

LOL They must be in a 60's timewarp!
Add pictures here
βœ–
EricP wrote:

My friend did tell them they were under charging but as they're starting out in business I guess they want to operate under slave conditions or something.
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard
βœ–
Ted Lo wrote:

Not expensive - same as I charge.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

But you do some work.
Builders just have a mobile phone address book full of brickies, joiners, plasterers, sparkies etc that they know, employ a couple of labourers and do not actually do any work, except fetching bits from Builders merchants.
Adam
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ted Lo wrote:

Try getting your car fixed for that rate!
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard
βœ–

I was just thinking that, the local Iveco dealer wanted 75 quid to set up the tracking on my motorhome, i asked why so much, they said it was cos they like to spend half an hour ensuring it's spot on,
so they charge £150 an hour labour, and i thought people were joking when they claimed iveco charged 2 grand labour to replace the front torsion bar bushes due to the ammount of work needed to dismantle everything to get at them,
Add pictures here
βœ–