BS 6991 Connector on hedge-clipper or lawnmower leads

Dear friends,

On the lead to my lawnmower I have a "weather-resistant" connector to BS 6991. Recently the lead was severed and I had to get a replacement (though this was of a different length.)

I am intending to have my hedge-clipper (which does not require an earth connection either) adapted to have a pig-tail with BS 6991 male plug, so that EITHER of these appliances can be fed through the new lead.

Is there any way I can open up the BS 6991 female connector which has the spring cover on it so as to connect it to a new flex?

TIA, Robin.

Reply to
Robin Phillips