Broken toilet flush lever

The flush lever on my toilet has snapped - problem is, this is a side flush (that is, entry is on the side of the cistern rather than the front), and I can't find such an item anywhere. Not quite true, www.discontinuedbathrooms.co.uk will sell me one for 67 (!), but has anyone any other ideas on possible sources? The suite is a "Spring Ram" bought from Focus (I think) about 4 years ago, but needless to say not current, and I can't find a Spring Ram link that helps.
TIA
Tim
"Tim Riglar" wrote:

Not being able to see the snapped lever it is impossible to say whether it can be repaired. If it is a metal to plastic break then probably not, but if metal to metal it may be repairable.
Screwfix (owned by B & Q) do a universal replacement cistern lever: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 34818&ts216&id031
If you take the lever into a plumbers merchant they may be able to suggest a fix. In my experience, once these DIY sheds such as Focus and Homebase discontinue a line it is very difficult to find an alternative source. You may be faced with having to replace the cistern, in which case a non-Spring Ram cistern might be a lot cheaper, especially if plastic and not ceramic.

Not quite true. Screwfix and B & Q are owned by the Kingfisher Group.
--
the_constructor

> If you take the lever into a plumbers merchant they may be able to suggest
My flush lever broke about ten years ago - I drilled a hole in the cover over where the 'plunger' is. Inserted a stainless steel bicycle spoke in the hole and bent it over, passed the spoke through the drilled hole then bent the spoke over to form a loop.
Must get around to getting a new cistern! Obviously wont work with a porcelain cistern.