Broken toilet flush lever

The flush lever on my toilet has snapped - problem is, this is a side flush (that is, entry is on the side of the cistern rather than the front), and I can't find such an item anywhere. Not quite true,

will sell me one for £67 (!), but has anyone any other ideas on possible sources? The suite is a "Spring Ram" bought from Focus (I think) about 4 years ago, but needless to say not current, and I can't find a Spring Ram link that helps.

TIA

Tim

Reply to
Tim Riglar

Not being able to see the snapped lever it is impossible to say whether it can be repaired. If it is a metal to plastic break then probably not, but if metal to metal it may be repairable.

Screwfix (owned by B & Q) do a universal replacement cistern lever:

If you take the lever into a plumbers merchant they may be able to suggest a fix. In my experience, once these DIY sheds such as Focus and Homebase discontinue a line it is very difficult to find an alternative source. You may be faced with having to replace the cistern, in which case a non-Spring Ram cistern might be a lot cheaper, especially if plastic and not ceramic.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Not quite true. Screwfix and B & Q are owned by the Kingfisher Group.

Reply to
the_constructor

My flush lever broke about ten years ago - I drilled a hole in the cover over where the 'plunger' is. Inserted a stainless steel bicycle spoke in the hole and bent it over, passed the spoke through the drilled hole then bent the spoke over to form a loop.

Must get around to getting a new cistern! Obviously wont work with a porcelain cistern.

Reply to
archierob