Broken Electric Shower ... Any Ideas?

My electric shower started 'leaking' water from the bottom of it so I took it apart to try and work out what was wrong with it. It seems that the water is 'leaking' from a small clear secondary outlet pipe coming from the bottom of what I presume is the heater. I can't see anywhere that this could be attached so is it supposed to be like that.

I also noticed that from the main outlet pipe a very small rubber ball had fallen out from a opening in the side.

Any ideas?

Reply to
JAB

The 'over-heat' device has popped out. This is a safety mechanism that prevents the shower from serious damage if it overheats for any reason. From memory it is a small plastic plug that gives way under pressure. You will have to replace the plug - they are quite easy and cheap to obtain - as they cannot be repaired.

Reply to
Barney

Ta ... had a look on the web today and I must say I was impressed by Tritron's web-site in that it had all the information I needed.

Thanks for the reply ...

Reply to
JAB