Brickwork - an opinion please

Page 2 of 2

They look a good match to me, and also seem wet as the builder says.
I would be more concerned that as they are saturated, there is a high chance that they will now experience efflorecence (white salts) on the surface, which will be a pain to remove and will look unsightly for years.
Bricks should be kept dry, and covered when laid to prevent them geting when (especially via the top of the wall)
dg
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:59:48 +0000, Clive wrote:

The bricks do look as if they are damp and that they would dry out match. In particular they seem to have the same sort of variation amongst themselves. as the exiting.
It's a bit late now but if I were in any doubt I get a hot air gun and dry a few out. There should be some fragments of the originals lying around these can be compared to check they are the same manufacturer.
Also the original fragments can be moistened and a made against the new work.
HTH