Breeze Block Wall - mortar mixture

Hi Again,
What do people think is the best mortar mix to use for strength for a 4" 7 Newton block wall?
Are these tools that give the right amount of mortar on the block any good?
-- Sue
Hi,
Try link http://www.topblock.co.uk
And search for mortars - there is an answer here under Frequently Asked Questions. Basic logic - depends on location of blocks / exposure, strength of block etc.
Tom

Tom Sharrocks wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion Tom. An interesting read - but, whilst it specified a mix where strength wouldn't be an issue - it just mentioned that other mixes should be used where it was.
I was after a really strong mix!
--
Sue

Palindr☻me wrote:

from what i know there are different classes of mix in grades 1-5 for 7 newtons I have used 4 lb to 1 cement. no reason just seems strong. for classes of mix go to paving expert.com. I know they have a section on mix ratios /strengths/ classes as I looked it up yesterday. Quick search class 3 mortar mix should sort it out.
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

Perfect! Thanks a lot.
-- Sue
@hotmail.com.invalid says...

If you mean the brickytool - yes, I'm a convert. http://www.bricky.com /
--
Roland Butter :- There\'s nothing like a knob of butter.