bottom waste bogs

moving into a rented bungalow soon, its very cheap rent as it's in need of re-decorating, and things like the bathroom and kitchen are pretty manky,
the toilet is really yicky looking, it could clean up but i'd rather just spend a few quid and bung a new bog in there, can get a cheapie bog for about 30 quid (there's a couple in the Q&Q sale, close coupled dual flush jobbies for 30 quid)
But the bog we have is one of the old fassioned bottom waste ones, i.e. the turds go out through the floor, and not through the wall as modern bogs do.
can you still get bottom exit bogs? cheaply?? or is my only option to use a 90 degree bend to take a rear exit bog and have it dump down the floor soil pipe? only thing i worry about doing that is the bog will end up being further away from the wall, and it's a small bathroom.

The best 'cheapie' WC 90degree waste I can find is 184.00
Sorry, bRAINS http://www.justservices.com/open/i/diy.html
bRAINS wrote:
[...]
Search for S-TRAP
http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk/WebShop.aspx?ProductDetailQ340 http://www.jtspas.com/bathroom-suites-48/toilets-67/back-to-wall-70/metropol-back-to-wall-toilet-148.html http://www.jtspas.com/bathroom-suites-48/toilets-67/close-coupled-68/jasmin-close-coupled-toilet-134.html this may do the job if you cant find a S Trap toilet to suit your needs http://tinyurl.com/5juzs6
--
daZza
mr.dazza@"BUT_PLUG"gmail.com
>< wrote:

http://www.jtspas.com/bathroom-suites-48/toilets-67/back-to-wall-70/metropol-back-to-wall-toilet-148.html
http://www.jtspas.com/bathroom-suites-48/toilets-67/close-coupled-68/jasmin-close-coupled-toilet-134.html
a long way forward from the back of it. With a space saving connector from Wickes or B&Q it fitted into the soil pipe with the cistern right back on to the wall. You would need to check the width of the outside of the soilpipe and its height from the floor very carefully. The pan fits over/around it

seems we wont be able to change the bog then, can't justify that much dosh, so will have to clean it up,
The soil pipe comes through the floor almost a foot from the wall, so it seems we're stuck with a seperate cistern and bog.
the cistern is massive by modern standards, i gather if i was to get a modern 6 litre flush cistern with dual flush, it wouldent work with the old style bog? as in flushing it properly,
were not on a water meter, but no point wasting water needlessly,

Put bricks in the cistern..