Bosch Worcester Hi-Flow 400BF

For a while our boiler has been going out at fairly infrequent intervals, but enough to call the gas engieer out under our service plan on the bolier.

The first time he came, he said he thought it was a high stat (well I think thats what he said)

This was ordered, and fitted on Tuesday as well as servicing the boiler.

Within an hour of him leaving the boiler went out again, and I conatcted him and he said another part has been aordered.

Now there is no loss to water presure and I can light the boiler after a few minutes after it goes out.

However tonight I relit it and with a few mins it went out again, This carried on for 5 times so I guess I am stuck with the boiler not working for a while.

However when I lit the boiler, you can see the flame though a class panel

I press the gas knpb down for maybe 30 seconds and the release it and full presssure gas comes though

However I have noticed that when holding the gas knob down at the beginning I get a clear blue flame that does not flicker.

Once its released and full gas comes though, it goes to a yellow flame and looking at it the gas pressure seems to drop every few seconds and the flame flikers about and then returns to a strong flame,. this happens for a few minutes and then it simply shuts off.

I know this is a long shot for maybe a poorly worded problem, but any ideas what it may be ?

Thank you

Reply to
PaulT

Hopefully the problem had been sorted. Thr service engineer called again, and the boiler was off. Lit it and observed the flames as detailed below, and the increase in noise. Checked the flu from outside and found that it had rotten away and partially blocking the airflow. He is confident this is the ptoblem.

Reply to
PaulT