Book on General DIY - Recommendation

All,
Whilst sitting waiting for the Girlfriend to finish her endless shopping trip the other day I dropped into WHSmiths (Gateshead) and found a very useful book on DIY.
The Collins Complete DIY Manual.
It seems to cover everything and has even been updated to the new wiring regs. There are 'real life' pictures and diagrams that explain very well the concepts of all areas of DIY. There are sections on Wiring, plumbing laying patios etc.
It also talks about planning permission and building regs.
A very concise read and would give you a very good idea about what is involved in many jobs around the house before you bring people into quote for work you might not understand.
If that was not enough, it was only 5. (reduced from 25). Well within anyone's budget and will most certainly pay for itself after the first job. I'm guessing that my store will not be the only one stocking it.
Just to make things clear: I am merely a reader of this book, and do not benefit from you purchasing it.
Regards G.