Boiler recommendation

We have decided to replace our Baxi Bermuda boiler woth a new condensing combi boiler due to the unreliability of the Baxi.

Has anyone got a recommendation, or what to steer clear of, for a good quality, efficient boiler please.

Must be OK for 3 double bedrooms, one single bedroom, lounge, dining room, hall etc.

TIA

Reply to
briwy

Loads if information on the web, including:

DIY

Alpha and worcester were recommended as the most reliable by various plumbers I spoke to.

I went for an alpha in the end, there was an intermittent fault with it immediately upon install which appears to be bad luck. It worked but req.regular resets (4/5 times a week during the winter). None of the engineers had ever heard of the fault and Alpha sent 3 before their senior regional engineer replaced a 4" peice of wire which had been damaged. Since then it has been no problem.

The service dept is polite efficient and quick and I can't fault them at all.

It is difficult to compare it's efficiency with the prev. combi boiler boiler as we had an extension, 3 extra rads and our daytime use increased however I use £20 pcm gas for a large 3 bed semi. The hse isn't over heated (thermostats set to 21 deg and the htg is on 10 hrs per day.

The boiler itself fills a bath pretty quick and heats up the rads in about a minute from cold.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

we have a glowworm 30cxi and it works well but has had 3 callouts in 2 years for the same fault mains water inlet seal leaking. (nylon nuts and seals). seems its blamed on high water pressure!.

so i would steer clear.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D. Smith

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think Ill have a look at the Alpha

Reply to
briwy