boiler programmer

Hi
I have a Myson Apollo boiler (30b/40b/50b range) and the electro-mechanical programmer has packed up. I have found what seems to be a replacement part at http://makeashorterlink.com/?B261310BB ,THORN B4161 Programmer 131.96 ex. VAT.
It seems a lot of money. Screwfix sell programmers for 30 -40, but i don't know which one is suitable.
Does anyone know of an alternative (cheaper) programmer that will do the job? Or does the price seem about right?
Thanks
Paddle
Hi
I have a Myson Apollo boiler (30b/40b/50b range) and the electro-mechanical programmer has packed up. I have found what seems to be a replacement part at http://makeashorterlink.com/?B261310BB ,THORN B4161 Programmer 131.96 ex. VAT.
It seems a lot of money. Screwfix sell programmers for 30 -40, but i don't know which one is suitable.
Does anyone know of an alternative (cheaper) programmer that will do the job? Or does the price seem about right?
I used a screwfix programmer, I fitted right over the exisitng plate from my old programmer (used metal contacts on the rear of the new programmer that matched up against the older plate where the wires are.) Do a google for the programmers they sell and see if they convert your old make. BTW the programmer was excellent giving me lots more options for heat and water on a day by day basis.
--
Vass

Hi
I have a Myson Apollo boiler (30b/40b/50b range) and the electro-mechanical programmer has packed up. I have found what seems to be a replacement part at http://makeashorterlink.com/?B261310BB ,THORN B4161 Programmer 131.96 ex. VAT.
It seems a lot of money. Screwfix sell programmers for 30 -40, but i don't know which one is suitable.
Does anyone know of an alternative (cheaper) programmer that will do the job? Or does the price seem about right?
Thanks
Paddle
Is the programmer part of the boiler? If so it would be possible to add one of the cheaper 30-40 programmers and join it to the boiler if you are confident enough to do basic wiring.
If not then http://www.europeanspares.com/index.cgi?visit 25337734-22576&command=list looks like the same item for cheaper.
Adam

Sorry. It is not the same item.
But still have a look at their site.