boiler problem

Hi,

Today I put my heating on for the first time in about a month but it lit and kept making a noise like it was going out and then right away igniting again but this was happening so fast it wasn't actually going out if you know what I mean, it was therefore making a noise like a dull puff every 2 seconds approx. I took the boiler front off and hoovered it all out and put it back together and it worked fine until I turned the switch off to the radiators but left the water heater on.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

Reply to
Conna

Central heating!

Don't have any problem with individual gas fires :)

Reply to
Andrea Collins

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. When I turn the heating thermostat down on the wall for the radiators the boiler then started to make the noise. Turning the thermostat down for the radiators still enables the hot water tank to be heated up.

Reply to
Conna