Boiler pressure dropped

I live in a new house which has a Firebird combi oil-fired boiler. It is almost 1 year old. I have recently noticed that the pressure gauge never shows a reading above 0.3 bar and is sometimes nearer to zero! In every other respect the boiler works OK. The red marker points to 1 bar so I assume this was the pressure at installation.
Before I get the plumber back to look at it can someone knowledgeable give me a view of the likely cause and solution. Also, is there any danger of damage to the boiler if it is run when the pressure is very low?
TIA
Terry_P

Why dont you increase the pressure in it?
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 09:59:08 GMT, EricP wrote:

Because I didn't know how to (or even that it was normal to have to do it!) However, I have now found help at http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/TOPPING_UP_A_COMBI_BOILER.htm

They can be a bit difficult. Mine involves a flimsy plastic key and a small knob.
Part of the duty of your installer should have been to show you how to top it up to correct pressure.
If you have a filling loop type it is a bit easier. Did the installer leave the loop?
To get right to the point--you probably have a very minor leak at one of the rad's. Use a little toilet tissue (bog roll) and dab around the rad pipes. If you find it, it is (normaly) easy to fix. Getting a plumber to quickly could be an expensive overkill. Good luck