Boiler heating CH system even when timed off?

No wonder our gas bills are high!

Even though our central heating is switched off (and hot water on) for our gas boiler, we are for some reason still heating some of the radiators.

I assume there is a reason for this to happen? We have always had the radiator heat the bathroom (in those circumstances) but to be honest, its not a problem as thats the only room it is. However, now it seems its the whole system!

Any ideas of what to check?

Thanks

Reply to
guv

You need to know what sort of system you have. These links will help you decide your system and we can help from there

HTH

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have this problem and to cure it needs a change to the way the pipes for hot water and radiators are connected,it is in my case anyway. I just shut off valves on all radiators during hot weather

tab

Reply to
Tab

Cheers for that.

We did just have some pipework changed in the bathroom (ie a rad removed and 2 towel rail rads added. Not sure if that is the cause, but the problem has existed since - so a fair bet.)

Problem here - we just had a new bathroom floor laid, so looks like shutting the valves is the best solution. Still means hot water circulating I assume? (Just not to the rads!)

Reply to
guv