Boiler

Hi,

Can a central heating boiler be fitted with a 13amp plug and be plugged into a wall socket?

Many Thanks

Suzanne

Reply to
sue45

If you use a 3 amp fuse and either a double pole switched socket or an unswitched socket it will work quite safely. It would however be better to use a switched fused spur and wire the boiler into that.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I recently had my combi serviced, and the engineer changed the 13 amp fuse to a 5 amp and thats plugged into a wall socket.

Reply to
~Brian~

More of the same, my gas central heating boiler, pump and wall thermostat are all powered from a 13amp plug in a wall socket. If you are talking about a wall hung boiler near a kitchen sink then there might be an electrical safety issue regarding a 13amp plug and socket due to the close proximity of the sink, taps and water.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist