bog seat

Just fitted a new bog-seat and it is already loose. Is there some trick of the trade that I am missing with these new-fangled swivelling fittings? TIA
John the West Ham fan
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com <><
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:56:46 -0000, "housetrained"

'bought a wooden seat from Focus, the securing arrangement is totally useless. The thread stripped from the plastic clamping doobrey before the seat would remain anywhere near static.
I'm going to shove some Wickes "instant grab" around the seat/ WC interface. Instant grab certainly stuck the pan to the floor very well, so I'm sure it will bond the seathinges to the pan     . In the meantime can anyone reccomend a good trvel sickness medication :-)
HN

So, what happens when you want to change the seat? Are you going to have a problem getting the thing off again?
This is a problem, I think, everybody has. I just keep tightening the bloody thing up with a spanner!
Barb