Block Paving

Hi Guys

Wonder if you can help

I am having my drive way replaced and the contractor has made a good job so far correct depth for sub base etc.

However.... we have had a circle pack fitted to the centre of the drive now I understand that the joints will taper but some of the gaps look to me to be excessive

The question is what should be the maximum size of a joint gap.

TIA

George

Reply to
George

Ideally should be no more than 5mm or so. The gaps around the circle block will be larger than this, owing to the nature of the block. If they are compacted properly, and you re-sand when needed, you should have no problems.

ISTR that one of the manufacturers used to sell fine granite chippings (3-5mm) to go in the joints of the circle blocks before the sand, these may help if you have a problem with sand loss.

SalesGuy

Reply to
salesguy

Thanks sales guy

Some of the joints were 25mm or even a little more

Any way I spoke to the contractor and he said he would sort it, I guess I was just wanting to be forearmed in case hestarted to bullsh*t me.

Thanks again

George

Reply to
George