Billy goat woes

I accidentally picked up a small log in the Billy goat yesterday and it has bent one of the blades on the rotor and damaged part of the casing. Both are easily fixed but...
I can't get the rotor off the engine shaft. I have a large screw puller but it just won't budge, There is not enough room to hit the side of the rotor and due to the mass my blowtorch does not seem to get it hot enough to help.
Any Ideas?
Mike
Muddymike wrote:

Last time this happened to me I had to weld a bar to the head of the bolt and thump it.
Rob Graham

Thanks for that tip Rob I will give it a go next weekend as I still haven't managed to get the B*st*rd off :-(
I have the puller wound up as tight as I can get it (I have even tack welded the puller legs to the rotor as they kept slipping off) and suspended the whole engine/body unit (and as much extra weight as I can pile on) by the puller whilst I drip feed it with penetrating oil. I shall leave it like this for a week and then try belting it with the lump hammer some more.
Mike
Muddymike wrote:

Mike, sorry but I misread your post. I was assuming that you couldn't get the retaining bolt out. Mine had rounded off and needed a bar welded to it. But that's not your problem. I'm surprised that heating it while it's under load doesn't free it. Maybe you should borrow/take it to someone with oxyacetylene. It's hotter.
Rob
Its off :-)
I dusted down the old paraffin blowlamp, didn't have any paraffin so filled it with diesel. It worked a treat. Combining that and the gas blowtorch got the impeller much hotter and eventually it pulled off. Had to be pulled with the puller for at least 2 inches though. It's on a 3 inch long straight shaft with a keyway, slightly rusted all the way.
Now to fix it.
Mike