Best way to refurbish pine bedroom furniture

I am not in the best of health and can't afford to buy a new set so wondered how much energy I would need to carry out this task and how and with what? It is 2 bedside cupboards, dressing table and a taller five drawer chest. The tops will need sanding as they are scratched and some very deep scratches which may have to stay. The fronts and sides are fine just faded.

I have an unused sheet sander bought for me some birthdays ago which I am hoping will be OK or will I need any other equipment. So once I have prepared do I just coat with varnish? Or what. Your help would be appreciated.

Ken

Reply to
Ken