Best way of Sealing Toilet Syphon

Does anybody know of the best way to seal a toilet siphon, I am not getting much success with using the rubber washer....
Oddjob wrote:

char wrote:

maybe a bit more information ;)
try using the sealant called "plumbers mait"..
Oddjob wrote:

If it is the seal at the bottom of the tank... I had one where the flange of the syphon unit had clearly warped and was no longer a flat surface. I tried all sorts, including making up washers out of neoprene rubber. Nothing fixed it permanently.
In the end, I got a new "syphon" unit. Except that the new one is button flush, which I think is a lot easier to use. No leaks since. Plus less worries that an over-enthusiastic teenager is going to pull the whole thing off the wall, trying to flush it before the tank has refilled.
-- Sue

Where have you put the washer? It should be on the inside of the cistern. Have you tightened the nut enough? Hand tight is not good enough. You should have no leaks on a properly positioned and tightened washer.
Heliotrope Smith wrote:

shaped washer between the syphon outlet and the pan?

the washer always goes between the siphon and cistern on any installation and of course the "donut" washer goes between cistern and pan on close coupled.

washer - seems to be okay.
Thanks for all the comments :-)