Beat teh airlines

Here's a nice DIY way of beating the airlines.

Next time you go abroad and those nice airline people want to charge you lots and lots for a suitcase (and even more if your over the baggage allowance) why not parcel your suitcase up and then post it to where you're going?

charge £24-99+Vat to deliver a 25kg parcel to Europe. You won't have the hassle of carrying your case around with you and it's cheaper then paying the airline. Parcel2go.com will collect from your doorstep ... so .... arrange for collection one day, fly the next and receive your suitcase the following day ... I'm considering this when we go to Spain next.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

... and with the money saved I may even invest in a decent spell checker .... !!!!!! Grrrrrr

Reply to
Ash

And if you fill the parcel with all your oldest/worst/cheapest clothes/underwear, you can leave it all behind in a dustbin and fly home with just hand baggage, thus saving even more.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Excellent.

Reply to
Ash

Following that advice may hinder your chances of pulling.

Reply to
Bikini Whacks

Luckily I'm long past the age for pulling ... I've slipped nice and comfortably into the far end of middle age ... fink my son says the correct term is 'old fart' ... nice.

Reply to
Ash

It might be cheaper to wrap *yourself* up in the parcel. You could wear everything you're taking, to keep you warm in the baggage hold.

As for your son, tell him to start giving you some respect or he'll get f*** all when you die :)

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Good idea but I weigh a tad over 25kg ... and I don't fancy been sent by several differnet parcels because you never know if one will get lost in transit then what would I do?

Actually he's spending it already which is why I'm trying to save every penny. !

Reply to
Ash

You could always walk!

Reply to