Bay window radiators.

I have a bay window in my Edwardian semi with two 45 degree walls and a straight. I need about 7000 Btu to heat the room and would like the radiators from a normal hot water system to be under the window. Is it possible to get the modern double panel finned rads made to measure i.e. to the bay size. If not, and I use 3 rads in the 3 bay sides, would it be better to pipe them in series or in parallel.
Regards
Dave
"dave" wrote:

I am not a CH engineer but I do know that there is an approximate temperature drop of about 10 degrees C across radiators that are properly balanced, so connection in series will result in the last rad not being hot enough! You can have rads made to measure including bent to fit the 3 sides of a bay but I presume it is expensive compared with separate off-the-shelf panels. The other issue with bay window rads is how they impact on curtains, especially if you are planning on full length floor to ceiling curtains. No problem if they stop just short of the rad tops. Good luck!

They'll work better in parallel than in series.
Alternatively, connect them in series at top _and_ bottom, and you then have in effect a single bent radiator, which will work pretty much as well as 3 in parallel. It would be best to use 22mm pipe to do the series connections at top and bottom. You then need only a single lock shield and a single TRV (although you could do this with parallel operation too if they're all the same size).
--
Andrew Gabriel
I have this setup, with 15mm connections, and it seem to work ok.
writes:

writes:

Dave
Have a look at
http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepages/Bendandcurve.cfm
Although no quite the same i recently had one curved to fit a bay - no problem, came back fully resprayed, came to less that 50 for the bending
Alec>