Baxi solo 3 pfl

I have just noticed after flushing and refilling the system and adding sentinol to prepare for winter that the pump is running continuously.I think it should switch off after about 8 mins.It may have been doing this for some time as it is in the bottom of the airing cupboard and unless you stick your head in you cant hear it. Any ideas welcome and Thanks in advance. Simmo.

Reply to
R.Simmons

Hi The pump is a circulating device as you know and depending on your system set up will run as long as circulation is needed. If you are fully pumped then whenever the boiler is running so is the pump (most instances) if you have a gravity hot water system then the pump will only run if central heating is called for.

This is by no means the total answer as you have not provided all the information but should help to solve your problem.

One thing is certain if the pump runs when the boiler is not lit & the programmer is set to Off you should investigate further.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj