baxi 105he instant boiler legal stuff

This is a new thread on a problem that has just been discussed on this group. Basically, I heard today that the Sles of Goods Acts or something else thats to do with the EU requires that goods be guaranteed for a "reasonable period" which can be up to 6 years. I have a problem with a boiler that is just over 2 years old and which Baxi are about to charge me 239 to repair. Anyone here about this 6 year period and wether it might apply here?
nigel wrote:

Nigel,
Have a look here for some facts:
http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html
"nigel" wrote:

uk.legal newsgroup for this? Your local Trading Standards people will also be able to advise. If the company will not budge on this, and I suspect that they won't, you will probably have to pursue this through the Small Claims Court. Good luck.
DIY wrote:

I would suggest that uk.legal.moderated be used rather than the 'bear pit'of uk.legal - even if it does sometimes take a little while for the posts to propagate because of the moderation procedure.
Cash
"Cash" wrote:

I agree. A Much better group if you can get past whatever it is that prevented any of my posts from ever appearing.
DIY wrote:

DIY,
The only time my posts have never appeared on that group was when I used nntp.aioe.org - and I never did find out why.
If you want to have a look at possible reasons for your posts not showing, you can go to www.moderation.org.uk and have a look.
As a matter of interest, Nigel did post there - and has had a number of replies to his question.
Cash