baxi 105 he instant

Placed a posting here a few weeks ago but got no response, I'll try one more time before I spend a fortune on repairs. The problem is intermitant, it is that 4-5 times a day the hot water suddenly dies and takes up to a few minutes to come back on gain. 90% of the time its the tap downtairs, almost directly below the boiler by about 4 meters. The problem rarely occurs in the upstairs tap which is about 1/2 meter below the boiler and 3 meters away from it. If I am downstairs and the hot water stops then I have to leave that tap running, rush upstairs, turn the upstairs hot water tap on for a 1 quarter of a second. When I do that I hear the boiler fire up and the hot water suplly downstairs is then ok. The problem then occurs again hours or a day later.
The engineer that installed the boiler 2.5 years ago is reluctant to take the job on as its intermitant. Baxi will charge 239 to come out, diagnose the problem and fix it.
So much for modern economic boilers....
more

it
almost
again
diagnose
Seems it is likely a flow problem. Check the flow from the kitchen tap, could be a restriction there. There is a cold water inlet filter on the boiler, check that this is clean. Next, (and I think the most likely cause) check the flow regulator is working correctly and is not sticking and make sure that the filter gauze is clean.

Thank you. I will now talk to my friend who is good at mechanical things and persuade him to have a look at yuor recommendations.