Battery chargers

Would I be right in thinking that chargers take current whether the item to be charged is connected or not and if so is it worth bothering about regarding cost
allan wrote:

Generally, yes.

Depends. If you are fussed about the size of the electricity bill, then it can help to unplug/switch off everything that doesn't have to be plugged in/powered up. It may only be a few watts there and a few watts here, but it will all add up, over a year.
And, of course, they will probably last longer if only plugged in when needed. Few things are destroyed by mains surges, if they aren't actually plugged in at the time. Plus, if they do get accidently covered with a discarded bra and panties in a moment of passion, they (as well as other things) can overheat and suffer a premature fault.
Maplin (and probably other places) sell a cheap mains power consumption adapter that you can plug things into and will tell you how much electricity is being used. It can be quite a shock.
So, yes, in general, it is worth bothering about. -- Sue

Sue,
Why does underwear cost more the smaller it is?
Adam
ARWadworth wrote:

Ah. Lesson 23. I'd point you at all of them at www.aubade.com but you may have a dicky ticker. ;)
Underwear is just like any other engineering system. The smaller the factor of safety, the greater the challenge and the higher the cost..
-- Sue

When I'm hanging the washing out there are certain items belonging to the other one that amaze me with their ability to stretch. An attempt to discuss this with her almost proved fatal to me.

I will survive, the ticker is fine.

:-) But 30 for no more than a pair of shoelaces.
Adam

allan
allan wrote:

cost to you or the planet ? to you its not a great deal but if we all unplugged a few lots of little's make a lot
--
Kevin R
Reply address works