Bathroom Washbasin taps

Need to fit new washbasin where hot water supply is from tank/cylinder at about 0.2 to 0.3 Bar and cold is from mains at full pressure. I would like to fit a single hole mixer but I believe some are a problem in that cold supply pushes water back up hot with possible side issues. I believe there are mixers taht will do the job but B&Q , Wickes etc don't seem to be able to advise.
Has anyone please got experience on this issue and can reccomend a suitable mixer tap or taps.
Regards Dave

If you've got a problem with balancing the pressure fit service valves, which I fit as a matter of course anyway, and you can turn the cold water pressure down a tad to compensate for the low hot water pressure.
Ash

This is something I've never understood. How do you turn down the water pressure? Reducing the flow by, for example, semi-closing a tap or stop cock is doing what it says, reducing the flow, The actual pressure remains the same, however.
Rob Graham

Fit a pressure reducing valve.

All such taps actually mix the water at the outlet of the arm - the water never mixes inside the tap. Believe me we have three - one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom, and one in the bathroom and they all do it.. Turn both taps on on any fitting and you can feel the hot water on one side of the jet and cold water on the other.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Don't believe they all mix at the outlet Woody, I think only Kitchen mixers guarentee this.
Dave

Er, sorry Dave, read what I said. We have single outlet taps in the bathroom (new) and the bedroom (over 20yrs old,) and the old one in the kitchen (also there when we moved in 19 years ago but which I changed about five years back) and all mix(ed) at the outlet so it must have been a water industry rule for a long time.