bathroom tap head gear won't come off

Hi, I'm trying to remove a tap head gear and put on a reviver kit.
One head gear (the hot tap) came off quite easily. The cold is a nightmare.
I've tried WD40, tapping the joint, heating it up but nothing is working and I'm starting to destroy the nut.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Tom
"Tom" wrote:

All I can suggest is tapping the end of the wrench in the usual anti-clockwise undo direction while a second person steadies the tap by applying hand pressure in the opposite clockwise direction or does this with a wrench and suitable padding to protect the chrome finish. The wrench/spanner needs to be as firm-on and long enough so that the tapping force is maximised. If that fails after repeated attempts you may need to forget using the reviver kit (get a refund if unopened) and fit new taps. If this is a bath tap you need to protect the bottom and sides of the bath against falling/flying tools which can crack an acrylic bath or chip an enamelled steel bath. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

If the spanner is slipping on the nut, best thing are Stillsons, AKA pipewrench. These will grip even a round pipe, so you don't need anything nut-like. Provided you are steadying the tap body in some effective way, like putting a large flat or ring spanner over the spout and levering in the opposite direction, I defy any tap to resist this.
Rob Graham
robgraham wrote:

Great, thanks both of you for your advice.
I've ordered some plusgas and I'll pick up a pipewrench next week (I'm still building up my tool collection) and let you know the result.
Cheers for the advice, I'm enjoying my DIY. I've just got a lot to learn.
Tom
Tom wrote:

Wow, a Stillson, elbow grease, and a few squirts of plusgas worked wonders.
Cheers for the advice! The tap reviver is fitted :-)
Tom.