Bathroom Spot lights - fire hazard, whats on the back?

Ive been looking at putting spot lights in the bathroom.
Something like this:
http://www.hib.co.uk/images/products/large_042c8b862f29310e0242d3f4b0d443d5web_rnd-latina.jpg
My concern is because these are flush to the ceiling the bulb is in the loft which to me is a fire hazard
The lights ive seen don't appear to come with any backbox to house the bulb.
Ive phoned HIB (they appear to be the big boys in the business) and asked about there lights but they have no idea what the back of them look like which is worrying in itself :/
Anyone any experience of these sorts of lights?
Mike wrote:

http://www.hib.co.uk/images/products/large_042c8b862f29310e0242d3f4b0d443d5web_rnd-latina.jpg
It is for that very reason that Part P was introduced - you need local building officer approval or a self-certifying company to do this work.
However, do you have flammable material in your loft? Without something flammable in the proximity of a fitting, the risk of fire is pretty remote..
--

Sue

Sorry perhaps my post was unclear I am really asking about the hardware/ installation of the fitting itself
I need to know if back boxes are needed or typical. Perhaps housing back boxes come with the more expensive lights such a those from HIB etc?.
The 20 ones ive seen have an open back with the bulb exposed which is what has thrown/concerned me.
I have insulation on top of the ceilings. Even cutting a portion out i still wouldnt be at all keen having this anywhere near an exposed bulb/lamp
.
Mike wrote:

Whilst some insulation is inflammable, is yours? If in doubt, take a piece into the garden and try to set light to it - you may be pleasantly surprised..
ISTM that the main risk of making a hole in a ceiling is from a fire in the room spreading smoke, heat and flame through the hole into the space above.
If you are really concerned, you can purchase things like these:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/cqthg http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Fire_Cover_Downlight/index.html
Or search on "Intumescent Downlight Cover"
--
Sue

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Fire_Cover_Downlight/index.html
I'm well aware of all the above. You dont understand what im asking but thanks anyway
Mike wrote:

Yep, I don't see your problem. You presumably chose the fitting because you like the look of it, inside the bathroom.
If, when you have them, you would feel safer using them with downlight covers, as above, then fit them. Just think of the fitting costing an extra fiver or so more.. A cover added to the fitting is going to make it as safe, if not a lot safer, than any fitting with a back built in.
Finding a fitting that you actually like is hard enough (well, it is for me...) - having found one, I wouldn't want to have to start searching again, just for the sake of a few quid for a cover - if it needed it.
--
Sue

### But i am guessing/questioning what the back of it looks like. Maybe they all come with a backbox and this post has been for nothing :/
Mike wrote:

http://www.hib.co.uk/images/products/large_042c8b862f29310e0242d3f4b0d443d5web_rnd-latina.jpg
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Security_Menu_Index/Fire_and_Smoke/Fire_Cover_Downlight/index.html
Why not simply fit a shrouded bathroom ceiling fitting with a shade and install an energy saving bulb? The result will be better illumination, better energy saving and no fire risk. Why anybody would fit these inefficient energy guzzling spotlights or downlights is beyond me.
Terry D.