Bathroom laminate florring

I'm thinking of a refit in my bathroom (2.4m x 1.7m), so if I fit a laminate flooring should it be fitted complete, and then the sink pedestal (if I fit one) and toilet be installed on top of it, or should the reverse happen (meaning I gotta cut around them once installed). If it is the former, I'm worried the thickness of the laminate panels (7mm) would raise the toilet too high to fit over the sewage outlet pipe, if you follow me?
TIA tim

floor 10mm or so, so really you shouldn't have any problem with you sewage outlet and it makes the finished result so much better. The sink can be more problematic lining up the pipes.

My experience with laminate is not good, ours is raising at the joins in the bedroom and I wouldn't use it myself in a bathroom. TonyB

it's called). Did you leave an all round expansion gap?
I have done my bathroom in laminate floor, and lifted the toilet and refitted it no problems and it has been down 2 years, make sure you get the laminate that is designed for bathrooms though, more expensive but worth it!
--
Colin de Roeck

snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Yes I've been looking at the stuff specially for bathrooms/kitchens. So did you lay up to the bath itself (rather than under it) and, if so, what did you do about securing it, lay a batten down or something, to but up against it? tim

it doesn't get fixed down at all just laid on top of the existing floor. When I laid my floor in the bathroom I used Aqualoc laid it up to 10mm from the bath and all walls. I then used some matching trim all round and it looks fantastic.

Well, it wasn't fitted by me. A gap was left but I suspect it was at one side only, not both, to be fair. TonyB