Bathroom floor tiles

Bathroom time has come around and instead of the old lino I hope to lay down some floor tiles. We have floorboards down covered with ply at the moment and I am not sure what I can lay on top ? Anyone have any experience of this. Good and bad.
Thanks
"Merlin" wrote:

You could have ceramic tiles, vinyl tiles, sheet vinyl, carpet tiles or bathroom carpet off the roll. My personal preference has always been for sheet vinyl. Ceramic floor tiles are fine on a concrete floor where the is no movement. If you want ceramic tiles you need to be sure that your plywood on floorboards floor is solid, with no movement, and that you won't have any cause to access the underfloor space for any reason. Because of their thickness you need to investigate this in relation to door opening, fitting against/under the bath surround or shower tray, fitting against/under skirting boards (if any) etcetera. You need a tile cutter that is up to the job, especially if there are any curves around a sink pedestal or toilet. If you mean vinyl floor tiles, they are easier to lay than ceramic tiles, as you can cut them with a knife or even scissors, but the joins are dirt traps. They don't look good if the adhesive fails, which can be a problem in a wet area.

Any willing female ?????