Bathroom Floor

Ideas for floor covering, please
Old house with fairly solid floorboards, slightly uneven. Pipes under floor also need to access stopcock. Bathroom and toilet and washbasin area.
Present have quality vinyl sheet. SWMBO wants tiles - I say NO due to pipes etc. Vinyl sheet needs to be rolled back for access, etc. So hardboard sheet under vinyl not a good idea She dosn't like showthrough of uneven boards on vinyl. Suggested interlocking strip pine boards, She dosn't like that. Suggested carpet. No ditto
Any ideas?
Cojack
cojack wrote:

If it was my house... Lift floorboards. Check the pipes and joints. See if it would be possible to move the stopcock above floorboards. Move the stopcock. Board & Tile :-)
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:04:04 -0000, "cojack"

I have exactly the same problem

We got carpet

Invite Norman Bates around when she's having a shower? --
"Evil always goes where the power is" (Buffy)
"cojack" wrote:

You may need to access the stopcock, and possibly other pipes, in a hurry. I have laid hardboard under carpets and sheet vinyl in such a way that small areas of hardboard can be lifted up if necessary to access floorboards. It doesn't have to be all nailed down in 8 by 4 sheets. To have ceramic tiles would mean sticking some to a removable surface, to form a sort of inspection cover, but that would trap water and dirt and would probably be unstable.

What's the stopcock for? Could you bring it up through the floor under the bath, so you access it behind the bath panel? If it might be needed in an emergency, then I would look to move it somewhere even more easily accessed.
--
Andrew Gabriel

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:28:05 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

===============================It might be worth fitting one of these instead of a conventional stopcock:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 1651&ts243&id3580
Cic.
--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux
Cicero wrote:

SNAP!
--
Sue

Two years warranty? Would you really trust control of the water supply to something that had such a short guarantee?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:47:45 +0000, On Web wrote:

===============================The warranty period isn't a 'time-to-failure' period. I assume that they've been tested to the same standards as other similar plumbing hardware so there's no reason why they shouldn't last as long without failure.
If we all took such a pessimistic view of the meaning of a warranty period we'd never buy anything.

--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

ISTR a stopcock with a (hydraulic? pneumatic?) remote control..
Ah, this was it...:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 1651&ts311&id3580
--
Sue

Hi Lads,
Thanks for your ideas. Stopcock shuts off hot water to bath, shower (with old shower thermo unit, had to shut down every year or so to de-chalk) & sink and is on 22mm pipe. Stopcock is wrong side of major joist to move. Best idea so far is to put down hardboard with sheet vinyl and cut out access. But keep ideas coming
cojack
writes:

cojack wrote:

Cork tiles but with one removable?