Bath taps dripping after bolier work.

I have had my 23 year old gravity fed boiler replaced with a glowerm 38cxi condensing combi boiler. the boiler is great. However, my bath taps (and only the bath taps, all other taps are OK.) are now very hard to turn off. Sometimes it takes a pipe rench to stop them dripping.
The taps are a single mixer unit with a divert control. This diverts H2O to a flexible feed to a shower. Do they need replacing or is there a simple fix?
--
J.P. Kerslake B.Sc., F.B.I.S. Dyslexia Rules KO. "phone"01248-353264.
e-mail Home= snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMkerslakej2.freeserve.co.uk,(remove NOSPAM)

Or failing that, try the suggestion made a week ago when you posted this in uk.d-i-y
--
fred

Tried that to no effect.

Sorry I received no replies to my previous posting. So, after checking my spamtrap, I tried this group instead. What was the suggestion?.
--
J.P. Kerslake B.Sc., F.B.I.S. Dyslexia Rules KO. "phone"01248-353264.
e-mail Home= snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMkerslakej2.freeserve.co.uk,(remove NOSPAM)

Looks like you need a new newsreader ;-), here it is:
"Matt Beard Aug 9, 7:27 pm show options
I expect that your taps are a bit worn. When the water came from a tank in the loft (via the cylinder for the hot) the pressure was pretty low so the worn taps were enough to stop the flow. Now you have a combi your taps are trying to hold back the full pressure of the mains.
Fear not! It is likely that a few minutes with a tap reseating tool (such as this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 487&ts745) and a couple of new washers and everything will be back to normal.
It's not a difficult job - if you know how to change a tap washer it's just an extra minute or so twisting the tool inside the tap before fitting the new washer.
However - if you keep graunching the taps closed with a pipe wrench they aren't going to last much longer!!
I am a little disappointed (but not surprised!) that the plumber who changed the boiler didn't check all of your taps afterwards because this must happen almost every other time he fits a combi!!"
It's quite a commonly asked question with a few hits on google groups: http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_search ?
--
fred

I have only just upgraded my news reader. I may have got something mis-set

He came back the day after fitting was completed. he checked all the TRVs the sink taps and the bolier for loss of pressure etc etc. But nither of us thought to check th bath taps.