Back door lock mechanism

I have a PVC door that has a lock ref: Ferco 4.35, which has broken. This lock pushes bars into the top and bottom of the door frame, rather than having rollers slotting into keeps on the upright of the frame.

I've tried to get a replacement locally, Worcestershire, but no-one seems to have access to one.

Anyone know of a possible supplier anywhere?

Steve

Reply to
80/20

This might be a good place to start.

Keith W

Keith,

I'm obviously not the OP, but thanks for that information and link - it will come in handy and it's filed away safely.

Big Grin

Reply to
Big Grin

The more the merrier, glad to be able to help.

Keith

Reply to
Keith W

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the link - very good info contained on the site.

Unfortunately the lock I need is no longer available - I have confirmed this with the manufacturers.

Because the current lock doesn't have rollers the gap between the frame and the door doesn't allow for them to be installed.

I have found a firm in Bristol, Gemsec Security, who believe they may have located a suitable replacement, otherwise it's a complete door & frame replacement.

Thanks Steve

start.https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/locks-gearing-163/multipoint-upvc-doo...> --

Reply to
80/20