B&Q Pricing??

Went to Been & Queued today for some tile adhesive and remembered that SWMBO asked me to fix an extension lead that had a broken core in the middle. I goes to the cable aisle and finds 5m of 1.5mm 3 core flex for 7.98!! "Stuff that" says I and turned away only to see a 4m two gang extension lead for 5.98, "That'll do" says I and picked one off the shelf. In the aisle was one of the bargain baskets containing two extension leads 1 @ 1M x 4 gang and 1 @ 4M x 2 gang (exactly the same one as I had in my hand) for 4.98!! How can this be right?
;-)
Cheers
John

I occasionally want lengths of 1.25mm flex for things I make. I find it's cheaper to buy 5m premade leads (with molded plug) than it is to buy 5m of the cable alone.
--
Andrew Gabriel

John wrote:

I noticed a similar price for 1.5 flex in my local Bodgit-Qwik. Then I noticed a 25 m reel of the same for around 12 quid, so I had that. Their pricing is pulled from the arse of a crack smoking monkey. They also sell MasterPlug socket strips for nearly 40% more than Halfords (though the same as Homebase to be fair).
But no-one takes the biscuit as much a PC World trying to charge over 12 quid give or take for a short Cat5e patch cable.
Tim
On 31 Jan,

PC world often /looks/ cheap after visiting Maplin's first.
Neither is cheap, Nasty, perhaps.
--
BD
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

In the same way that it is cheaper to buy a CD case with a blank CD in it than it is to buy an empty case in Currys.
--
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those
who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this