B&Q Pricing??

Went to Been & Queued today for some tile adhesive and remembered that SWMBO asked me to fix an extension lead that had a broken core in the middle. I goes to the cable aisle and finds 5m of 1.5mm 3 core flex for £7.98!! "Stuff that" says I and turned away only to see a 4m two gang extension lead for £5.98, "That'll do" says I and picked one off the shelf. In the aisle was one of the bargain baskets containing two extension leads 1 @ 1M x 4 gang and 1 @ 4M x 2 gang (exactly the same one as I had in my hand) for £4.98!! How can this be right?

;-)

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

I occasionally want lengths of 1.25mm flex for things I make. I find it's cheaper to buy 5m premade leads (with molded plug) than it is to buy 5m of the cable alone.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I noticed a similar price for 1.5 flex in my local Bodgit-Qwik. Then I noticed a 25 m reel of the same for around 12 quid, so I had that. Their pricing is pulled from the arse of a crack smoking monkey. They also sell MasterPlug socket strips for nearly 40% more than Halfords (though the same as Homebase to be fair).

But no-one takes the biscuit as much a PC World trying to charge over 12 quid give or take for a short Cat5e patch cable.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

PC world often /looks/ cheap after visiting Maplin's first.

Neither is cheap, Nasty, perhaps.

Reply to
<me9

In the same way that it is cheaper to buy a CD case with a blank CD in it than it is to buy an empty case in Currys.

Reply to
Huge