Average Gas and Electricty Prices

I wonder if anybody knows what the average cost of gas and electricity for a 5 bedroom semi-detached house is. I am out of touch with real life data but am concerned that my combined gas and electric bills are in the region of 2,400pa. We have gas CH with a new Bosch condensing combi boiler. We do not do anything extravagant and do not have a swimming pool or anything unusually greedy for power. My supplier is Powergen Online at the moment but I find the Uswitch website confusing as I do not have enough real data to input to get a proper calculation. I just can't believe my DD should be 200pm but my meter readings are consistent with those on the bills.
Any comment appreciated
Thanks
Graham
Graham Brooker wrote:

How long is a piece of string?
You need to take each individual bill and break it down as to where this power is going, hour by hour, day by day. How many baths are run, each and every day? How much cooking is done? How many people are at home and what are they doing? Run the washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher every day? Several times a day?
--
Sue

And check the insulation on the house is up to modern standards.
Adam

mark
Graham Brooker wrote:

That is pretty heavy. What is the split between gas and electricity? Take readings once a day for a week and see how it splits up as daily amounts.
Meters are generally pretty good but it may be worth checking that they stop churning round when you switch everything off.
If you leave the central heating on all-year round at a reasonable heat and use lots of hot water then you could quite easily get up to 150/month gas. 50/month electricity isn't too hard either if you've got the washing machine/ tumble drier going regularly and have half of Comet evenly spread through the house on standby.
John
"Graham Brooker" wrote:

There are lots of variables, including what you are paying for metered gas and electricity. I pay Southern Electric as follows: Electricity: 13.41p per unit on standard tariff; 9.19p per unit on discounted tariff. Gas: 3.11p per kWh on standard tariff; 2.21p per kWh on discounted tariff.
Presumably your usage is based on your previous less efficient gas boiler; a conventional boiler is often only about 50% efficient.. Perhaps your DD will drop when usage is based on your new condensing boiler which is likely to be at least 90% efficient.