Automatic radiator bleed valves

As I have a radiator that constantly needs bleeding I was interested to here someone tell me that you can get a self-bleeding valve that replaces the existing bleed valve. I've had a quick look on the Screwfix site but can't see anything obvious, do they exist or is this just an urban myth?
--
Ron O\'Brien

I bought mine in Focus DIY shed.
| As I have a radiator that constantly needs bleeding I was interested to here | someone tell me that you can get a self-bleeding valve that replaces the | existing bleed valve. I've had a quick look on the Screwfix site but can't | see anything obvious, do they exist or is this just an urban myth? | | -- | Ron O'Brien |

Try http://linkbee.com/F1FF
Ash

system or design fault and covering that with an automatic radiator bleed valve could lead to long term problems such as corrosion and leaks.
Better to look at the root cause: Unsealed system with a leak? Sealed system with same being repeatedly topped up? No inhibitor leading to corrosion and gas release?
--
fred

They do exist, but you should try to fix the problem which is allowing air in or corrosion gasses to build up, as that is slowly wrecking all your radiators (and possibly the boiler) from the inside. The need repeatedly bleed radiators is a symptom of some other problem.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Yep, I know and had a previous thread in this newsgroup some months ago asking about this. Since then I have had the floorboards up I've searched in vain to find even the smallest leak. Had the system pressurised to see if that would do anything - zilch! it was the second plumber (sorry....heating engineer!) who told me about these valves
Ron
"Ron O'Brien" wrote

Sounds like pump-over if vented! Trouble is that this can be difficult to witness if it only occurs during certain system "states".
Phil