Attaching laminate scotia to skirting board

Hi,

I have laid my laminate flooring and now have to fit the scotia to the skirting board to cover the expansion gap. I have seen in friends houses this is done with staples or nails which seems like a good idea?

My questions are:

  1. Are staples or nails better?
  2. Is this staple/nail gun sutible
    What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard quick step shape 14mm at the widest point but about 7mm where the staples/nails would go.

Thanks very much for your help

James

Reply to
JGralton

sutible

3. What size staples/nails should be used, the scotia is standard

Your link doesn't seem to work but if it helps I used a cheap as chips nail gun from Screwfix when I did mine (think it was about a tenner) but I also used a thin bead of "nomorenails" type of glue on the back as well, it worked just fine.

Reply to
clangers_snout