Argos sheds

Any one have any comments on the steel sheds e.g 10 by 6 foot size that Argos sell ?? what is build quality like etc thanks...

Reply to
E..

If you mean the Yardmaster sheds, I have a 10x8 Shiplap and am very pleased with it. I actually got it cheaper through Garden Buildings Direct on the internet. That was a year ago so the prices may have changed but I've added the link for you to check it out. They actually deliver direct from Yardmaster. There is an anti perforation warranty and we noticed one or two panels had been scratched during delivery. Emailed Yardmaster and all scratched panels were replaced very quickly. I assume Argos would have the same arrangement with Yardmaster.

People said the we would have condensation dripping on everything during the winter, but it was fine. here is the link:

Keith Willcocks

I think the only problems with them IMHO (I have one approx 8x6 and have had it for about 10 years now) are the doors (bit of a crap sliding mechanism on mine which I find a pain in the a**e) and the base you put them on as they don't have a floor like most wooden sheds you can buy.

I've actually moved mine (in its entirety) once when moving house but made the same mistake twice with the base....

I put a concrete base down in both premises but at the first house I had to take the shed away and make sure the base was sloping off at the edges and put the shed back (bolted back down to the base in all 4 corners) to stop condensation and rain coming in to the base. Tried sealing the bottom as much as I could but it didn't help that much.

As I said, should have learnt by my mistake and put a better base down at the new house but I didn't and I get quite a lot of rainwater in to the base of the shed when we have bad weather.

Apart from those two negatives, I find them great and certainly the biggest advantage over wooden sheds is the lack of maintenance ie. painting/treating every couple of years etc.

Oh, and I believe I did get mine from Argos at the time but that was 10 years ago!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Thanks for the comments... the one about the base ..... i had been pnodering about the problems of rain and water blowing in there.. I suppose that's what makes them a little more work and effort over the woden sheds. I'm a bit dissapointed about what you have said about hte doors, hoped they would be strong and durable . Thanks. E..

Reply to
E..

They are strong I suppose ie. no different to the rest of the shed. You'll have to supply your own padlock for the latch they give you. They may have changed the design over the years perhaps but mine just slide back and forth on little metal "wheels" at the top - well its hard to explain TBH ;-) Suffice to say, mine make a hell of a racket (you'd have to keep things well oiled) and do stick a lot. Could have been so much better.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

That is true about the sliding doors, they still run on little wheels at the top. However they are secure enough and a little oil occasionally keeps them running ok. We ran ordinary sealant around the base of ours and it seems to keep the rain out. My previous shed was wood, with no internal floor, and we had the same problem; only difference was that the wood rotted.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Willcocks