Are there any low consumption bulbs/brands that give total brightness straight away?

I've fitted my house with low consumption (20 watt = 100 watt) bulbs
Trouble is they are very dim when you first switch them on which is not suitable for landing/hall light where you need good/safe lighting
I was going to try and get some 25 watt = 125 watt ish which I can't find so easy - but it lead me to wondering
Are there any low consumption bulbs/brands that give total brightness straight away?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Had the same problem myself ... appears to be more of a problem with screw in bulbs for some reason. The one's I fitted in our conservatory lights take ages to 'warm up' and provide any worthwhile light. My wife returned back from our local Dunhelm store the other day with 10 11watt (60watt) Osram bayonet bulbs for £1.00 and they provide a bright light straight away and get brighter the longer they're on.. Have you thought about maybe a fluorescent light if you need a decent instant light?
Ash
Add pictures here
βœ–

The bulbs in hall & landing are bayonet (no brand) and std flo tubes not suitable - looks like i'll have to put std 100 watt bulb back in until technology catches up with them :o)
Add pictures here
βœ–

Have you been to a B&Q store and had a look at their low energy lights ? The standard fluorescent light has come a long way and you can get low energy lights in all sorts of designs, shapes etc. I've also found our local B&Q to be every helpful and they may be able to point you in the right direction to a more suitable light.
Ash
Add pictures here
βœ–

Costco have some 23W Feit ones at the moment which I have found to be good, although I've only had them long enough to get to 3000 hours so far. This won't solve your issue of lower initial output though.

No, at least, not at anywhere near that light output (a 2W LED does, but it's equivalent to a 2W filament lamp unless you go for very expensive ones).
Conventional linear fluorescent tubes start off nearer to final light output, near enough that many people don't notice that they have a warm-up period too. (If you're striving for efficiency, they're also a little more efficient than CFL's, if used with electronic control gear.)
--
Andrew Gabriel
βœ–
writes:

To my eye Phillips low energy CFL's seem to achieve full brightness quicker than some other makes that I have installed, they also start off brighter than others, including Feit, which seem rather poor in this respect in my installations. They are 60w equiv Feit.
Add pictures here
βœ–