Anyone know what I can replace 1.5 bowl IKEA sink wastes with ?

I would like to replace the IKEA sink waste and pipework with standard non-IKEA fittings. I have found over several years that the seals on the IKEA kit is not reliable. It is a 1.5 bowl sink, overflows are no-standard I think. McAlpine based or something similar. If you have any pointers or some info on this I would appreciate it. Storeman in merchants recommended a McAlpine kit that he thought would do the trick, but it would involve some experimentation I think.

Regards Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Just swap the rubber (Neoprene) washers. It's dem dat makes it watertight.

Reply to
BigWallop
& lubricate everything with silicon lube
Reply to
kitchenman

I will stick to KY thanks!

Reply to
EricP

KY is water based & will wash out, use the right stuff

Reply to
kitchenman