Anyone know anything about deeds?

Have organised for my deeds to be "loaned" to my local Natwest bank for my viewing. Basically, I am trying to find out if I own a fence which has come down in the winds last month. It has taken 3 weeks to get to the stage where I can view the deeds, but that's another story.
Anyway, went to the branch today to view the deeds but could not find the document which shows which fences I own, and concrete evidence of my boundaries. There was a "Charge Certificate" which had reference to boundaries I own being marked with a "T". Then, on the last page of the Charge Certificate was a diagram showing my property, highlighted with a red marker pen showing the supposed boundary. There was no "T"'s anywhere on the diagram.
I asked the lady at the branch is she had any knowledge of deeds to which she promptly said no. She did ring the mortgage sender and they said ALL documents pertaining to the deeds have been sent over.
TIA

As far as my limited knowledge stretches, in England it is the convention for the left hand boundary fence to be the responsibility of the "owner", thus giving each owner one "side" fence, in the majority of cases. The one at the end of my garden is the responsibility of my neighbour because it was built in a modified position after the sale of land to extend his garden and this condition was written into the sale. No doubt there are far more complex situations than this but in the absence of any differing information I would attempt to apply this "rule of thumb" until anyone could come up with alternative written evidence.

AIUI there is no requirement to fence your property, unless your deeds / lease / useage, e.g. livestock, require it. In practice it usually comes down to what you want, a friend has just paid to have his neighbours fence replaced simply because it was falling down and the 'owner' said he didn't care and wasn't going to do anything abut it - but, of course was quite happy to have it replaced free. So at the end of the day my friend has restored his security which was his major concern, albeit it cost him a bit.
There is also a myth that fences have to have the arris rails on the owners side!
OT: I have also been told that the original requirement to fence UK railways was not to keep the public off the railways but to keep the passengers off the landowners property (but that's a bit before my time!).
Peter
diy-newby wrote:

The "T"s can be very small and feint and are quite possibly swamped by the enthusiastic application of marker pen. You may need a magnifying glass and a lot of patience to find them.
--
Sue

Point well made...!! When we moved here, the diagram / sketch thingy (scale: one light year = 1 micron) did indeed have our bit outlined in really fat marker pen. Only after we moved in did we discover how little is actually ours :-(((
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]

On my deeds drawing the little "T" are attached to the owners side of the fence and look like bits of drawing.. Look very carefuly at the fence line and see if there are bits sticking out (the Ts) on the owners side. Michael