Choosing the Right LED Driver for Your LED Lights: Tips and Troubleshooting (2023 Update)

Hi, I have just replaced eight halogen lights in my kitchen with Philips 8W Dimmable LED units 8718696492307. They are working pretty well with the old halogen transformers but I would like to use a dedicated LED driver of good quality (as most lighting people advise). I tried out a Long Life Lamp Company dimmable LED driver rated at 12 W but it just caused flashing of the light and I am returning it. I put the old transformer back and is working all OK again.I don't want to keep making mistakes (if I have please advise) buying expensive failures so has anyone with the knowledge able to point me to a good driver? Thanks. Stuart.

Reply to
srt
  • First, check the specifications of the LED lights you are using. Make sure the LED driver you purchase is compatible with the input voltage, current, and wattage required by the LED lights.
  • Consider the dimming function. Make sure the LED driver you purchase is compatible with the dimming function of your LED lights. If your LED lights are compatible with a wide range of dimmers, look for an LED driver that is compatible with those dimmers.
  • Check for reviews and ratings of different LED drivers. Look for a driver with a high rating and positive reviews from other users.
  • Consider purchasing from a reputable brand with good customer support.

Steps to Troubleshoot:

  1. Check the specifications of the LED lights and make sure the LED driver you purchase is compatible with the input voltage, current, and wattage required.

  1. Confirm the LED driver is compatible with the dimming function of your LED lights.
  2. Read reviews and ratings of different LED drivers before purchasing.
  3. Consider purchasing from a reputable brand with good customer support.

Tools You Will Need:

  • LED lights specifications

  • LED driver specifications
  • A voltage tester

Here's a list of some of the best LED drivers available in the market:

  • Philips Hue LED Driver

  • Mean Well HLG-60H-12A LED Driver
  • Osram LED Driver DALI DIM
  • Tridonic LED Driver TALEXXengine LED PRO S 36W

Before purchasing an LED driver, ensure that it is compatible with your LED units and has the correct output power (Wattage) and voltage to match your LED units. It is also important to choose a dimmable driver if you want to be able to dim your LED lights.

It's always recommended to refer to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines for the correct driver to use with your LED lights.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor