airblock in cistern

Hi
I had my water switched off for a few days this week by the water board. when it came back on i think i have an airblock in the toilet cistern. Water taps are fine but the cistern just drips water into the cistern until it is full (an hour or two!). It is one of those where you push a button down on top of the cistern to flush it (not a handle on the front kind).
Any ideas how to sort it?
Thanks
<d> wrote:

Have you lifted the lid off to check the position of the float? Is it stuck or catching on something?
See http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/Pushbutton.htm
The float is free moving. If i lift it the drip stops, let it fall and the drip starts again!

<d> wrote:

If the water supply to the toilet cistern is turned on, but it isn't filling with water, can you see anything wrong with the water inlet valve?
<d> wrote in message

have some debris trapped at the diaphragm. I would be inclined to isolate the water, dismantle the diaphragm assembly and give it a rinse in clean water and re-assemble. You could make a small adjustment on the ball-cock adjuster screw as a secondary measure. I'm no expert but I wouldn't think it would be an air lock.

<d> wrote in message

You will often find that when the water is turned off the tank in the attic empties allowing debris to block pipes. With me the blockage was at the isolating valve on the inlet pipe just underneath the cictern ( you should have one). P