African Gold

Has anyone got African Gold slate floor tiles ?
t...

African Gold rings no bells so has anyone installed a slate floor of any kind lately ?
.

no african gold but I laid some chinese slate on floor and walls recently. what's up?

I am told that the tiles had two coats of sealant but I find that they still mark very easily :-(
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Kate Morgan) wrote:

before grouting to bring out the colour. I used 3-4 coats as they were in a bathroom. Some markings appearing on the floor where oil based cosmetics have gone on floor but I've just accepted these as it doesn't detract from the overall look.
If you didn't seal the tiles after laying them, I'd give them a good scrub and clean, then add another couple of coats of sealant - just check what effect this will have on the grout.

Yes I think that you are right and the tiles need more sealant, they only had two coats and the limestone ones in the bathroom had two coats, I think that they need more.
What effect could the sealant have on the grout ?
Thanks for your interest
Kate
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Kate Morgan) wrote:

Others can probably advise better, othherwise just try on a small section out of sight.

I reckon that sealant is the answer, I have searched on line but no one else seems to have the same problem or they are not admitting to it :-)
thanks
kate