Affixing toilet pan to floor

Hi,
I need to affix a toilet pan to a concrete floor. What size screw should I use, and should I use a wallplug in the concrete? I am worried about cracking the pan screw hole with the metal screw - should I use some kind of washer or cup washer in the pan screw hole?
TIA, Pete

Builder's way of fixing toilet to floor (and always forbidden in the toilet fitting instructions)... Make up half a bucket of mortar, drop it on the floor, and plant the toilet on top of it.
More professional way of fixing toilet onto a finished floor surface... Stand the toilet in position on 4 2mm tile spacers (or something similar to space it a couple of mm above the floor). Use a silicone gun to seal around the base, using enough pressure to force the silicone into the 2mm gap. When the silicone is set, remove the spacers and finish off the silicone around where they were (and fill the screw fixig holes).
--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Thanks for the advice. The flooring is perimeter-fixed vinyl sheet (it's only a tiny understair toilet). Would that provide a stable enough base for the pan using this method?
Best, Pete
You need one of these fischer kits
http://www.tf.harclo.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabidE&ProdType ='FASTENERS'&MainCat='FIXINGS'&SubCat1='BATHROOM%20FITTINGS'

I doubt it. I've seen it done on tiled floors, and it would probably be OK if the vinyl was glued all the way across.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

Wouldn't have thought silicone had enough grip to stop the pan from moving?

Some builders use it to glue basins on walls (not sure why). It's stronger than you think! It does prevent temporary removal if you wanted access to the soil pipe to clear a blockage.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 06 Dec 2007 13:05:35 GMT, andrew@a20 (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

a hack saw blade will fit through the gap and cut the silicone easily
;--)
breeze

Not if they (builders) have covered the entire surface in silicone it doesn't!! Been there, worn the Tee shirt, and riggers gloves to prove it, BASTARDS!!!
HTH
John
John wrote:

Try cutting it with a thin wire - say a top guitar string. You'll need handles on the ends...
HTH
Andy