advise needed please

I need to put down a base for a greenhouse: Base area is going to be 10ft 4" x 6ft 6" & 3" thick. can anyone tell me how much Ballast & Cement i would need to buy to make a mix of 5-1 to cover area.
Thanks
gedge wrote:

IANA mental arithmetic type person. However.
I reckon that is about half a cubic metre, or about a ton. So buy a dumpy bag of ballast and about 7 bags of cement. Should be near enough.
You might want someone to double-check as I was up late last night..
--
Sue

There's instructions and how to calculate it here:- http://www.leisurebuildings.com/info/howto/buildbase/concrete /
Steve

0.6 cubic metres. look at http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm and scroll down (quite a way) to "Associated Topics" and pick 'Mortars & Concrete'. There are a couple of calculators etc. on there that will help you determine the quantities required.
HTH
John
Thanks for the infomation.... very helpful