advice on air con wiring

This is my situation................

I have a property in Turkey and got Air conditioning put in, if you have never been to Turkey then the electrics are dodgy at best, anyhow a year down the line I have just noticed that one of the units switches itself on if the power is off then restored, as in when we leave the place for a period of time we switch off at the mains but when we return and switch the mains back on this automatically switches the aircon on, or if there is a power cut the same happens when power is restored. I am back in the uk at the moment so cant give to much detail other than the units are wall fitted and have a remote control that allows for on/off or adjust the temp and hot or cold. The unit is wired straight into an existing wall socket so takes direct feed from there. The system in turkey is 250v but they use a 2-pin plug rather than 3-pin. I dont really want to get another Turkish electrician if I can avoid it. I am hoping it maybe something simple like connecting the pos/neg wires the wrong way around. Can anyone (without being held responsible) give me any advice on this.

thanks

Reply to
S S

you could try a.e.electrical - they have a tame Turkish engineer who posts there now and then, IIRC. Plus lots of other electricians.

At a very rough guess, there is a setting on the unit as to what to do if power is interrupted. It seems fairly sensible that this is set to restart by default - after all, you wouldn't want a load of food or vedge to go off, just because of a momentary power glitch. The handbook/installation manual should tell you, it will probably be written in English, not Turkish.

Failing that, You could have a "no-volts" switch installed in the circuit. They are typically used to stop power tools/equipment starting themselves up after a power failure/glitch. Dead simple to install. They have a big push button to stop the power and a smaller, recessed, one to restore operation. If you used that to stop the ACU, it would only start again when you pressed the other button.

Reply to
Palindr☻me